How It Works
Are you enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution as a full-time student but thought about launching your own business?
Each summer, in partnership with the Government of Ontario, the York Small Business Enterprise Centre administers its Summer Company program. The program is designed to foster and develop the entrepreneurial spirit in students between the ages of 15 to 29 , and who are registered to return to school full-time in September 2023.
All that’s required is a good idea, commitment and hard work. In return, students receive:
- Hands-on training and skills development
- Coaching and guidance
- Mentorship to help develop and launch a business over the summer
- Opportunity to receive financial support of up to $3,000
Summer Company Testimonial
Check out this special testimonial from Maggie McColl of Maggie’s Swim Academy, one of our talented participants. Hear about her journey, challenges, and the invaluable experience gained through the Summer Company program.
To start the application process, check to see if you’re eligible by reviewing the Summer Company program checklist. You should also read about the program details on the Summer Company webpage. Basic eligibility criteria include:
- York Region resident aged 15 to 29
- Must be a student returning to school in the fall of the same calendar year
- Plan to start a new summer business
- Have not received a previous Summer Company grant
For more information and to apply, please fill out the contact form. You can also get in touch with us directly by emailing email@example.com or filling out our contact form.