YORK REGION CAREER & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
Explore these interactive tools to help talent discover career opportunities and companies to learn more about talent opportunities present with York Region. Tools are provided by the Workforce Planning Board of York Region.
JOB BOARD & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
A mapping tool that displays job posting concentration and a database of companies.
A mapping tool that assists employers, service providers and communities in geo-targeting talent attraction campaigns for hard to fill occupations.
RESOURCES FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Georgina Trades Training Inc.
- Niagara College – Canadian Food and Wine Institute at the Armoury
- Niagara University in Ontario – Vaughan Campus
- Seneca College
- University of Guelph – Muck Crops Research Station
- University of Toronto – Koffler Scientific Reserve at Jokers Hill
- York University
- Markham Campus (Opening Spring 2024)
- Keele Campus
- Better Jobs Ontario: Get skills training and financial support when you qualify for Better Jobs Ontario (formerly Second Career).
- Contact North: Contact North | Contact Nord is a free, local bilingual service to help residents in 1,300+ rural and remote Ontario communities access online programs and courses from colleges, universities and training providers without having to leave their communities.
- Georgian College: Provides academic upgrading for college and apprenticeship and job-ready skills; free upgrading program for adults.
- Georgina Trades Training Inc (GTTI): Georgina Trades Training Inc. is committed to providing innovative learning partnerships that fulfill community and individual needs and aspirations both current and future.
- NPower: Programs provide participants aged 18-35 with free in-demand digital and professional skills training and connects them to new and rewarding career opportunities.
- Workforce Planning Board – Training Board: Helps job seekers to find the training that best supports your career goals or supports skill upgrading.
- York University Co-op Programs
- Seneca Co-op Programs
RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYERS
- 360 Kids Youth Employment
- Acces Employment
- Anchor HR Services
- Job Skills Employment
- JVS Toronto – Markham
- Kesher Employment Services
- Ministry of Colleges and Universities – Apprenticeship Program
- Next Steps Employment Centres
- RNC Employment Services
- Strategywise HR
- Vaughan Chamber of Commerce Job Bank
- ventureLAB Tech Job Portal
- VPI Working Solutions
- Workforce Planning Board of York Region
- York University
- YMCA Employment Services