YOUR BUSINESS IN THE HEART OF GREATER TORONTO
York Region is one of Canada’s largest and most diverse business centres situated conveniently in the middle of the Toronto Region; close to downtown Toronto, major airports and highways, and more.
RECRUIT TOP TALENT
TO DRIVE YOUR BUSINESS
York Region has the highest concentration of residents in tech occupations within the Toronto-Waterloo corridor and is one of the most accessible locations for talent in the Toronto Region.
JOIN ONE OF THE LEADING ONTARIO BUSINESS HUBS
Canada’s 2nd largest tech hub with over 4,600 companies, the largest autotech and auto parts cluster, Ontario’s 2nd largest Financial hub, and other leading industry sectors in the Greater Toronto Area.
EXCITING LIFESTYLE AND CAREER OPTIONS IN ONE PLACE
Live in a community where a top quality of life and career opportunities intersect to create the life you want. Urban or suburban living, you will no doubt find your what you’re looking for in York Region.
Toronto Area’s York Region
Toronto Area’s York Region is the fastest growing large municipality in Ontario, Canada and is a thriving and diverse community that is home to:
- 1.2 million residents
- 55,000+ businesses
- 616,000 jobs
- 4 urban growth centres
- Canada’s second largest tech hub
York Region – a collection of nine diverse and unique cities and towns – is a top destination in the Greater Toronto Area and Canada for business, innovation, and talent.
Key Industry Sectors
With a strategically advantageous location in the Greater Toronto Area, York Region’s economy is thriving because of diverse industry sectors that build off and support each other to drive business and job growth. These key sectors are focused on products, services, and manufacturing.
York Region Business Community News
- Government tour of Teva Canada’s Stouffville manufacturing facility showcases pharmaceutical capabilities and underscores economic value to CanadaA Centre of Pharmaceutical Excellence – The Stouffville manufacturing facility, one of North America’s largest, produces generic medicines in tablet and capsule dosage forms spanning a wide range of therapies including pain management, cardiovascular diseases, and mental health. The facility provides end-to-end manufacturing of medicines, from dispensing the raw materials to the production of the finished dosage format.
- Town of Georgina business park offers a rare location opportunity at the top of the GTAMore than half of Keswick Business Park’s 500 acres have already been snapped up by industrial, high-tech developers
- Mena Massoud: from Aladdin’s magic to championing diversityAt the age of three, Massoud and his family embarked on a life-changing journey to Canada, settling in Markham, Ont. This migration was a pivotal moment that would shape Massoud’s path in life.
In partnership with the Region’s local cities and towns, the York Link | York Region Economic Strategy team provides complementary and confidential strategic “one-stop shop” support services for entrepreneurs, established local businesses, as well as, Canadian and international companies looking to setup operations in Toronto Area’s York Region.
- Business Advisory Services
- Small Business Support
- Agriculture & Agri-Food Support
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- And more!
View all of our services here.
YORK REGION | WHERE TALENT AND OPPORTUNITY INTERSECT
AURORA / EAST GWILLIMBURY / GEORGINA / KING / MARKHAM / NEWMARKET / RICHMOND HILL / STOUFFVILLE / VAUGHAN