YOUR BUSINESS IN THE HEART OF GREATER TORONTO
York Region is one of Canada’s largest and most diverse business centres situated conveniently in the middle of the Toronto Region; close to downtown Toronto, major airports and highways, and more.
RECRUIT TOP TALENT
TO DRIVE YOUR BUSINESS
York Region has the highest concentration of residents in tech occupations within the Toronto-Waterloo corridor and is one of the most accessible locations for talent in the Toronto Region.
JOIN ONE OF THE LEADING ONTARIO BUSINESS HUBS
Canada’s 2nd largest tech hub with over 4,600 companies, the largest autotech and auto parts cluster, Ontario’s 2nd largest Financial hub, and other leading industry sectors in the Greater Toronto Area.
EXCITING LIFESTYLE AND CAREER OPTIONS IN ONE PLACE
Live in a community where a top quality of life and career opportunities intersect to create the life you want. Urban or suburban living, you will no doubt find your what you’re looking for in York Region.
Toronto Area’s York Region
Toronto Area’s York Region is the fastest growing large municipality in Ontario, Canada and is a thriving and diverse community that is home to:
- 1.2 million residents
- 56,000+ businesses
- 616,000 jobs
- 4 urban growth centres
- Canada’s second largest tech hub
York Region – a collection of nine diverse and unique cities and towns – is a top destination in the Greater Toronto Area and Canada for business, innovation, and talent.
Key Industry Sectors
With a strategically advantageous location in the Greater Toronto Area, York Region’s economy is thriving because of diverse industry sectors that build off and support each other to drive business and job growth. These key sectors are focused on products, services, and manufacturing.
York Region Business Community News
- Innovative York Region-based AI company powers car shopping experiencesMost of the team members call York Region home. “This allowed us to centrally serve customers across GTA and beyond, enabling consumers to buy and sell cars with just a click,” Ng explains. “Carity introduced an industry-first profit-sharing car selling program, which allows consumers to share in the profits when Carity resells their vehicle, while also guaranteeing a selling price and offering upfront payments.”
- Ghost Taco arrives on Newmarket Main StreetGhost Taco began as a pop-up restaurant at EventMrkt in 2021 as a way to keep staff working during lockdowns. Its popularity prompted the Buckleys, who also own Ground Burger Bar, to expand to a permanent location.
- Aurora restaurateur’s challenge to help feed those in need goes viralNow, as owner of Tina’s Grill, the popular restaurant in Aurora’s southwest, Saberi is working hard to help families stave off hunger and erase any sort of stigma in the process.
In partnership with the Region’s local cities and towns, the York Link | York Region Economic Strategy team provides complementary and confidential strategic “one-stop shop” support services for entrepreneurs, established local businesses, as well as, Canadian and international companies looking to setup operations in Toronto Area’s York Region.
- Business Advisory Services
- Small Business Support
- Agriculture & Agri-Food Support
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- And more!
View all of our services here.
AURORA / EAST GWILLIMBURY / GEORGINA / KING / MARKHAM / NEWMARKET / RICHMOND HILL / STOUFFVILLE / VAUGHAN