Toronto Area's York Region Attracts Top Canadian & Global Talent
Discover The GTA’s Talent Pool /
York Region is centrally located within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), with a workforce of over 3.6 million you’ll have access to top talent that can help your business succeed at home and abroad.
GREATER TORONTO AREA FACTS
- The third largest and fastest metropolitan area in Canada and the United States
- 290,000 people employed in tech related jobs – #1 for high-tech job growth across North America
- 180 different languages spoken
- 51% of the population are foreign born (est.)
- 18 nearby colleges and universities
YORK REGION FACTS
- Over 50% of York Region’s workforce aged 25-64 with post-secondary education majored in Business Administration, Engineering, Sciences, or Information Technology
- Highest concentration of residents in tech occupations in the Toronto-Waterloo Corridor
- Third highest rate of university education among Canada’s largest municipalities
- 20% of GTA’s STEM and business graduates reside in York Region
Your First Step To Accessing International Talent Starts Here
The Regional Municipality of York’s Economic Strategy division is the designated pre-qualification and referral partner for companies in York Region aiming to access Canada’s Global Skills Strategy programs.
Global Skills Strategy – Canada’s Advantage For Attracting Top International Talent /
The Federal Government’s Global Skills Strategy (GSS) was created to make it easier and faster for Canadian employers’ to access highly-skilled foreign workers and bring them to Canada. The strategy features faster application processing times, work permit exemptions and enhanced customer service.
Since 2017, over 60,000 Global Skills applications have been processed; 56% have ended up living and working in Ontario making it the primary landing spot for applicants. The top originating countries for successful applicants are India, USA, China, France, and Brazil.
Interested in leveraging this talent recruitment program? Our Business Advisors are here to assist York Region-based companies.
Saima Chaudhry, Outreach Officer with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Dedicated Service Channel explains the four pillars of the Global Skills Strategy.
Top Global Skills Strategy Applicants /
- Computer Programmers & Interactive Media Developers
- Information Systems Analysts & Consultants
- Software Engineers & Designers
- Computer & Information Systems Managers
We can help determine if your hiring needs are a fit for GSS.
Marc Pavlopolous, Founder of Path to Canada, provides his reasons why York Region companies should look to leverage the Global Talent Stream; as part of the Global Skills Strategy.
Our Talent Support Services /
KEY GOVERNMENT FUNDING HIRING & TRAINING PROGRAMS
Note: These funding program links will take you to a third-party partner website in a new tab or window. This is for informational purposes only and is not an endorsement of their products and/or services.
TALENT PARTNERS /