AUTOMOTIVE TECH & AUTOMOTIVE PARTS MANUFACTURING
Auto Tech Thrives in York Region /
Toronto area’s York Region has developed a solid ecosystem of multinational auto parts manufacturers, auto-focused technology companies, and supply chain and logistics partners, is your company next to join us?
THE SECTOR AT A GLANCE
- 250+ sector-related companies; 15,000 direct jobs, and a total of 34,000 sector-relevant jobs
- Canada’s largest independent automotive parts and electronics manufacturing cluster
- An associated ICT cluster that is the second largest in Canada and is comparable to, and in some cases, more robust than other tech-focused regions in Canada and the U.S.
- Significant sector-related investments over the last few years including Tesla, General Motors, Celestica, Multimatic, BYD, and more
THE REGION IS HOME TO…
- Global headquarters of 3 of the 5 largest Canadian auto parts companies – Magna International, Martinrea, and Multimatic
- Canadian head office location for BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Mazda, and Volvo
- Canada’s largest automotive innovation hub – General Motors Canadian Technical Centre (CTC) Markham Campus, and other private sector AutoTech R&D and technical centres of Magna International, Multimatic, and more
Data sources: Statistics Canada, Trillium Network for Advanced Manufacturing – Western University