What is the York Region Employment Survey?
The survey is intended to monitor the location and characteristics of businesses within York Region by collecting business details including company name, address, business activity and number of employees. This information is used to:
- Monitor local economic trends
- Analyze and market local business sectors
- Form business attraction and retention strategies
- Forecast future transit and other infrastructure needs
- Create and update business directories
Why take the York Region Employment Survey?
- Receive a free business listing in the York Region Business Directory
- Discover opportunities for growing your company
- Build business-to-business relationships with other York Region companies
- Strengthen our local business economy
York Region’s first region-wide employment survey occurred in 1998. Between 2001 and 2006, the annual survey targeted only key areas of employment, high-growth, and regional centres. In 2007, a partnership was entered with the nine local municipalities to once again complete a comprehensive region-wide survey of all businesses. Home-based businesses were encouraged to submit their business information online in 2012 and in 2015 farm-based businesses were contacted with the assistance of the York Federation for Agriculture to participate as well.
Door-to-door interviews with the business community are conducted by a team of surveyors between May and August. Secondary methods of contact include telephone interviews, e-mail correspondence and online survey submissions.
For more information, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-830-4444 ext 71508.