COVID-19 Business Funding Programs
The Government of Canada has a number of support programs to help businesses and individuals recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The below list is not exhaustive – for more program information visit Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
- For the most up-to-date business support information, please visit Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
- To find support for a specific industry sector, visit Industry Support | Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
- For supports for individuals and families, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 website.
LARGE EMPLOYER EMERGENCY FINANCING FACILITY (LEEFF) | Government of Canada
The Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF) provides bridge financing to Canada’s largest employers, whose needs during the pandemic are not being met through conventional financing, in order to keep their operations going.
* The program will be open while the current economic situation persists.
Business Reopening Guidance & Safety Resources
The business reopening guidelines are set by the Ontario Government, which is currently following the ‘Roadmap to Reopen‘ framework. It is the responsibility of each business to ensure they are following the guidelines of the Ontario Government and York Region Public Health to protect the health and safety of their employees and customers. Additional COVID-19 resources including PPE supplier directories, in-store signage, etc. are available through these links:
- Resources to Prevent COVID-19 in the Workplace | Ontario Government
- Workplace PPE Supplier Directory | Ontario Government
- Preventing COVID-19 in the Workplace | Regional Municipality of York
- COVID-19 Vaccinations | Regional Municipality of York
York Region’s Economic Strategy team is committed to supporting our business community. Should you need additional information please contact us.