The Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) Ontario program is a funding initiative that improves Ontario’s agricultural businesses. CAP has been active since 2018 and is a five-year initiative designed to stimulate the agriculture industry with $3 billion prior to 2024.
This initiative offers provincial streams, such as CAP Ontario, which provide funding to Ontario-based agri-producers, -processors, and industry organizations, including their collaborators. Although, the Food Processors stream has recently ended an application intake, the CAP Ontario Food Processors stream is accepting applications for tech and equipment funding adoption with the goal of increasing productivity.
“[The Food Processors stream provides] funding to adopt advanced manufacturing technology that will improve labour productivity, improve input efficiency, or reduce waste.”Canadian Agricultural Partnership
If your business is focused on increasing productivity output, you may be eligible for the Food Processors stream which will be open for submissions starting on September 27, 2021, ending on October 18, 2021. Learning about prior successful applications will help applicants understand what kind of projects are being targeted by CAP. By continuously investing in the agri-sector, Canada’s government would like to remain a global leader by supporting key industry segments such as food producers and processors.
CAP Ontario may provide up to 35% of funding to a maximum amount of $100,000.
CAP Ontario Food Processors stream applicants should meet these criteria to be considered eligible:
- Recently finished a labour, input, waste, or assessment plan of some sort that outlines the need of a project to remedy inefficiencies and missed opportunities within your business;
- Processors must be established and manufacture products in a facility with 199 employees or less; and
- Businesses across Ontario can apply for funding, however those located in Northern Ontario or applications involving Indigenous partner businesses are preferred for this intake.
If you are eager to apply for the CAP Ontario program, we recommend you review the full list of eligible applicant criteria to ensure that you are aware of the full spectrum before moving forward with an application.
The following activities may be eligible for this stream:
- Installation or configuration costs for manufacturing tech. These technologies must fall under one or more of the following criteria:
- Technologies to improve labour productivity;
- Technology that improves input efficiency; and
- Technology that reduces a businesses waste output.
- Activities that are crucial for software integration of advanced manufacturing technology;
- Activities associated with measuring and integration of equipment for waste management, as well as related software system costs; and
- Activities of development or translation of manufacturing policies, feedback systems, preventative maintenance procedures and standard operations procedures.
Review the full list of eligible activities to understand the program in it’s entirety.
The next intake will begin on September 27, 2021 until October 18, 2021. Projects should begin on or before December 1, 2021 and cannot go beyond the final project date of September 30, 2022.
GOVERNMENT FUNDING FOR AGRICULTURAL BUSINESSES:
Is the Food Processors stream is not the right fit for your business? Not to worry, there are many agri-funding programs available that fit a wide variety of disciplines and projects.
Government funding programs are readily available for agricultural businesses. We recommend all businesses looking to apply for a grant or loan speak with a government funding professional to get a strong start.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Mentor Works provides Canadian businesses with tailored, dynamic expertise to access government funding solutions. Our simplified approach allows businesses to accelerate their top strategic priorities and focus on what they do best.