In partnership with the Region’s nine local cities and towns the York Link team provides strategic “one-stop shop” support services for Canadian and international companies looking to establish operations in York Region, part of the Greater Toronto Area, as well as established local businesses in the Region seeking to expand. We offer advisory support services, research, partnership development and marketing to help retain, grow and attract businesses in York Region.
- Sector-specific business information relating to York Region, the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, and Canada
- Identification of potential local supply chain and strategic business partners
- Advice on market/export expansion plans and projects
- Linkages to innovation and commercialization support programs such as the Manufacturing Innovation Network and ventureLAB Regional Innovation Centre
Services are complimentary and confidential.
- On-site visits with potential business partners, business support organizations and to potential facility locations
- Company introductions and project tours
- Information meetings with subject matter experts regarding corporate legal, immigration, banking/financial, HR, and real estate requirements
- Customized and consolidated site searches leveraging a wide network of 9 local municipal economic development offices and local realtors
- Assistance with identification and development of critical site selection requirements
- Read about the local cities and towns
- Customized connections and introductions to select local supply chain partners and potential strategic business partners
- Introductions to local industry associations and relevant government agencies at the Municipal, Provincial, and Federal level
- Assistance with evaluating project eligibility for a suite of government incentives relating to market expansion, capital investments, R&D or employment
- Case-specific introduction to government organizations responsible for incentive programs, as well as to program subject matter experts
Mentor Works is proud to partner with Invest in York to inform small and medium-sized businesses within the Foreign Direct Investment industry operating in the York Region of Canadian government grants, loans and tax incentive programs to support their continued growth and success.
The York Small Business Enterprise Centre is managed by the Regional Municipality of York’s Economic Strategy Branch and is a partnership with the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure and the Ministry of Research and Innovation. Each of the Region’s Small Business Enterprise Centres focus on providing support to both new start-ups and existing small businesses in their communities.
The York Small Business Enterprise Centre serves small businesses in the northern six York Region municipalities: Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King, Newmarket and Whitchurch-Stouffville. The municipalities of Markham, Richmond Hill and Vaughan also have Small Business Enterprise Centres to serve their respective communities.