With a population of 1.2 million residents, the Regional Municipality of York is the third largest municipality in the Greater Toronto Area and Canada’s fastest-growing large census division. Comprised of nine local municipalities and home to half of the Greater Toronto Area’s top 100 neighborhoods, York Region offers an urban/suburban lifestyle mix that attracts top talent, globally.
Top Ranked Neighbourhoods
in the Greater Toronto Area’s Top 100 Neighbourhood’s list are in York Region.
Top RankedSecondary Schools
in the Greater Toronto Area’s Top 10 Secondary Schools list are in York Region.
(Fraser Institute, 2015)
in the Top 5 Ontario Municipalities for Resident Satisfaction list.
(Forum Research, 2012)
``BEST REGION TO LIVE IN CANADA``
First place ranking out of 117 regions identified across the country.
Mowat Centre, Independent Public Policy Think Tank at the University of Toronto
York Region Quality of Life News
Markham Headquartered Amfil Technologies Inc. Is Pleased To Announce The Opening Date For ‘Midtown’, The Third & Largest Snakes & Lattes Corporate Owned Location To Date
Quality of Life in Canada
- Canada has the highest quality of life of all the G7 countries (IMD; Economist)
- World’s “most livable destination” (Economist; EIU)
Quality of Life in Metro Toronto
- Ranked top for quality of life in North America (PwC; FT fDi Intelligence)
- “Best international city for work and family” (Fortune)
- Ranked #1 for Expats experience out of 26 countries (HSBC)
- Ranked top 5 “most livable” city globally, top 2 in North America (EIU)